We use cookies to improve user experience for our customers.

Additional Funding for Troubled Families

The government is expanding the Troubled Families programme with a further £200m to be invested to help 400,000 high risk families.

Don't get too excited though - it won't arrive for another two years, 2015/2016 to be exact. The announcement is part of the 2013 Spending Round and will include new incentives for local services such as the police, health and social services to work more closely together in order to reduce costs and improve outcomes for families.  Under payment by results, the programme will be administered by the Department for Communities and Local Government, but funded from across Whitehall.

A one-off average investment of £4,500 in work with each family is expected to reduce the annual £15,000 cost of dealing with their problems, by supporting families to access work, reducing anti-social behaviour, poor school attendance and criminality.

Central government will cover 40 per cent of the cost of working with each family, with full payment made only when results are achieved. The other 60 per cent will be covered by local authorities and other local partners who all benefit from the savings that result.

Click here for the official press release.

24 June 2013


« Back to previous page

Your Critical Friend

Independent scrutiny of service delivery with realistic solutions to increase efficiency and performance!

Contact us for more information


Copyright W2W Solutions 2018